DECA recognizes its members through a variety of recognition programs for distinguished achievement as academically prepared, community oriented, professionally responsible, experienced leaders.
EMERGING LEADER HONOR AWARD
The purpose of the DECA Emerging Leader Honor Award is to provide recognition of graduating DECA members studying marketing, finance, hospitality and management for being an academically prepared, community oriented, professionally responsible, experienced leader through participation in DECA.
To receive the DECA Emerging Leader Honor Award a student must:
- be a DECA member at the local, chartered association and DECA Inc. levels
- be a senior
- have an overall cumulative grade point average of 3.2 for the seven previous semesters (with 4.0 being equal to an A)
- complete one course in any one of the following areas:
– Business Management & Administration
– Hospitality and Tourism
- participate in at least three of the areas listed under Community Oriented, Professionally Responsible and Experienced Leader
- Applications must be submitted electronically using the link below.
- After electronic submission the advisor will receive an email with the required signature page for the application.
- An application fee of $5.00 and signed application signature page must be postmarked to DECA Inc. no later than January 30, 2020.
DECA Emerging Leader Honor Award
1908 Association Drive
Reston, VA 20191-1594
An Honor Award certificate will be mailed directly to the local advisor with suggestions for appropriate presentation and recognition. Recognition from DECA Inc. will only be provided on decadirect.org.