November 13-15, 2020
The Westin Charlotte
Learning labs will focus on one powerful component each hour. From college to career to chapter to compete to connect, these learning labs will engage DECA members.
Be the ultimate competitor in a DECA role-play. Members must pre-register for this activity. Top performers will be recognized at Sunday’s closing session.
College + Career Exhibits
Searching for the perfect institution to start your post-secondary studies? Want to discuss career opportunities? Looking to expand the product line for your school-based enterprise?
No power trip would be complete without the opportunity to meet new people! Join us Saturday evening for a “DECA After Dark” event.
This conference will reinforce 21st Century Skills. Through participating in interactive sessions, DECA members will be able to:
- Make appropriate personal economic choices
- Understand the role of the economy in society
- Use entrepreneurial skills to enhance workplace productivity and career options
- Use a wide range of idea creation techniques
- Create new and worthwhile ideas
- Interpret information and draw conclusions based on the best analysis
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively and respectfully with diverse teams
- Use interpersonal and problem-solving skills to influence and guide others toward a goal
- Demonstrate integrity and ethical behavior in using influence and power
- Act responsibly with the interests of the larger community in mind
ADVISOR PROFESSIONAL LEARNING
The Professional Learning Series powered by DECA will engage educators in professional development focusing on curriculum and instructional content that support preparing students for college and careers and connects the conference content to the classroom. Topics for 2019 included:
- Using Project Management in the Classroom
- Using Integrated Marketing Campaign Events in the Classroom
- Rock the DECA Exam
- Get them to the Stage
- Using E-tools to Manage School-based Enterprise
Registration will open in Fall 2020.
There is no higher priority than the health, safety and well-being of everyone involved in DECA’s Ultimate Power Trip. Given the uncertain length of the current pandemic, DECA Inc. will monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation closely and make any updates regarding the conference on this page. DECA Inc. advises attendees to check the policies of travel and transportation providers to determine their cancelation policies prior to making any arrangements.
The Westin Charlotte
601 S College Street
Charlotte, NC 28202
FUTURE DATES OF THE ULTIMATE DECA POWER TRIP
- November 19-21, 2021 | Boston, MA | Westin Boston Waterfront
- November 11-13, 2022 | Arlington, VA (D.C. Area) | Crystal Gateway Marriott
- November 17-19, 2023 | Austin, TX | JW Marriott Austin