November 11-13, 2022
Arlington, VA (Washington, D.C. Area)
Crystal Gateway Marriott
Learning labs will focus on one powerful component each hour. From college to career to chapter to compete to connect, these learning labs will engage DECA members.
Be the ultimate competitor in a DECA role-play. Members must pre-register for this activity. Top performers will be recognized during Sunday’s Closing Session.
College + Career Exhibits
Searching for the perfect institution to start your post-secondary studies? Want to discuss career opportunities? Looking to expand the product line for your school-based enterprise?
No power trip would be complete without the opportunity to meet new people! Join us Saturday evening for a “DECA After Dark” event.
This conference will reinforce 21st Century Skills. Through participating in interactive sessions, DECA members will be able to:
- Make appropriate personal economic choices
- Understand the role of the economy in society
- Use entrepreneurial skills to enhance workplace productivity and career options
- Use a wide range of idea creation techniques
- Create new and worthwhile ideas
- Interpret information and draw conclusions based on the best analysis
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively and respectfully with diverse teams
- Use interpersonal and problem-solving skills to influence and guide others toward a goal
- Demonstrate integrity and ethical behavior in using influence and power
- Act responsibly with the interests of the larger community in mind
ADVISOR PROFESSIONAL LEARNING
The Professional Learning Series powered by DECA will engage educators in professional development focusing on curriculum and instructional content that support preparing students for college and careers and connects the conference content to the classroom. Topics for 2021 included:
- Enhance Your Curriculum by Integrating Ethics
- Get Them to the Stage: Using MBA Research’s Resources to Prepare for Competition
- Introducing Your New Teaching Companion: DECA+
- National Business Administration Standards
- Ready-Made Lesson Modules to Make Life Easier in the Classroom
- Reduce the Stress – Use Project Management for DECA Projects
Registration is a three-step process:
1. DECA members must first be in our online membership system.
2. Once they have been submitted, you can register them for the conference through our online registration system by selecting “Conferences.”
3. After you’ve completed online registration, you can then make your housing reservations using the hotel’s DECA reservation website.
For complete registration instructions, please refer to the conference registration guide.
Crystal Gateway Marriott
1700 Richmond Highway
Arlington, VA 22202
EXPERIENCE THE WASHINGTON, D.C. AREA
This itinerary is full of powerful activities to help prepare for college and a career. With monuments, memorials and eclectic neighborhoods, Washington, D.C. is a place unlike any other. It’s your home away from home with free museums and America’s front yard.VISIT D.C.
FUTURE DATES OF THE ULTIMATE DECA POWER TRIP
- November 17-19, 2023 | Austin, TX | JW Marriott Austin
- November 15-17, 2024 | Charlotte, NC | Westin Charlotte