February 5-9, 2020
Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort
Home to world-class professional and college sports, Florida sports executives show their efforts to make Florida a leader in the sporting industry.
Universal Studios marketing executives pull out all stops to show DECA members the behind-the-scenes activities that it takes to be a leading theme park and resort.
The theme parks and Blue Man Group performance become the living classroom to complement the lessons from conference speakers.
Learn from the Pros
The conference speakers are dynamic professionals who experience the sports and entertainment marketing industry on a daily basis. They share their career paths and tips for success.
This conference will reinforce concepts taught in classes that include sports and entertainment marketing. Universal Studios marketing executives and Florida sports executives will share information with students to help them:
- Describe the nature of target marketing in sports/entertainment marketing
- Describe pricing issues associated with sports/entertainment products
- Explain advertising media used in the sports/entertainment industries
- Explain the use of licensing in sports/entertainment marketing
- Explain career opportunities in sports/entertainment marketing
- Explain the need for sports/entertainment marketing information
- Identify “out-of-the-box” sales promotion ideas for sports/entertainment events
- Identify ways to segment sports/entertainment markets
- Measure economic impact of sports/entertainment events