October 16-19, 2020
This will be the single best place to learn about a myriad of DECA topics, including competitive events, chapter development, project-based learning, school-based enterprises and more!
From express learning to interactive master labs, best practices exchanges and keynote presentations, there are plenty of avenues towards enhancing your role as a teacher and DECA advisor.
Presenters with Prowess
Presenters include senior-level Fortune 1000 managers (typically VP and above), entrepreneurs with a unique story, and leading educators, including successful classroom instructors.
Connect with some of DECA’s most innovative DECA advisors beyond your association and create an informal cadre to collaborate with throughout the year!
Participants will be able to select engaging concurrent sessions from any of the following strands:
Push your members to excel in all DECA activities and competitions. Gain knowledge and develop plans to:
- Use DECA’s competitive events as instructional and assessment tools
- Help members obtain industry certifications
- Identify and utilize resources to prepare members for competitive events success
Make the most of the DECA network! Discover ways to:
- Connect within the DECA organization at each level
- Enhance chapter activities and projects by engaging alumni and collegiate members
- Utilize stakeholders to generate support for DECA programs
- Create awareness of DECA by engaging at the middle school level
Position your chapter for success. Discover how to:
- Maximize the potential of your chapter’s leadership team using DECA’s innovative model
- Utilize DECA’s chapter campaigns to engage all members, promote DECA and increase membership
- Integrate a strategic communications plan to increase membership and gain potential stakeholders
- Develop a strong chapter brand as a pillar in your school and community
- Create a chapter financial plan and implement successful fundraisers
Bring your classroom to life! This strand will highlight how to:
- Enhance your instructional strategies by making connections to educational initiatives
- Select authentic DECA learning experiences to integrate into classroom instruction
- Engage members by incorporating DECA electronic communications
- Improve member’s financial literacy
- Utilize DECA’s professional learning opportunities
Maximize this hands-on learning experience by gaining strategies to:
- Explore the SBE learning lab concept and how to start one at your school
- Create an individualized action plan for opening an SBE at your school
- Ensure ongoing success for your SBE as a learning lab and functional business
- Think beyond the storefront via creative business models for non-traditional SBEs
- Prepare your members for success with SBE Chapter and Individual Certification
- Utilize local vendors, artisans and growers for your business
- Maintaining profitability in your SBE while complying with federal nutrition regulations
DECA AMPED participants will register to attend MBA Conclave Curriculum and Teaching Conference directly with MBA Research. In their registration process, you will indicate that you are a DECA advisor. MBA Research has secured a group housing rate at the Grand Hyatt Denver, the conference hotel. Receive more information the hotel and how to make your housing reservations here.
Basic Registration includes breakfast, luncheon, breaks, miscellaneous conference materials, and all professional development programming, including DECA AMPED for DECA Advisors. If your state is a member of the MBA Research Consortium, you will qualify for the discounted registration rate.
- Early-Bird Registration: April 15 – June 1
MBA Research Member State rate: $369 with free Celebration ticket
MBA Research Non-Member State rate: $510 with free Celebration ticket
- Regular Registration: June 2 – August 31
MBA Research Member State rate: $395 with free Celebration ticket
MBA Research Non-Member State rate: $535 with free Celebration ticket
- Late Registration: September 1 – October 17
MBA Research Member State rate: $395, Celebration ticket is $49
MBA Research Non-Member State rate: $535, Celebration ticket is $49
Optional tours and hands-on workshops will be offered on Friday, October 16 for an additional cost.