November 15-17, 2019
Get an introduction to the transformative power of entrepreneurship, the accessibility of startups, and lean startup principles.
Members will engage in a hands-on exercise focused on rapid prototyping, a core concept within lean methodology.
Ideation and Lean Canvas
Brainstorm early stage business concepts and investigate these ideas through the lean canvas.
Informed by the preceding Lean Canvas exercise, teams will develop their business concepts and build a brief pitch to be delivered within their cohorts.
This conference will reinforce entrepreneurial concepts taught in marketing and business classes. Participation in this conference will help students understand the concepts, processes and skills associated with identifying new ideas, opportunities, and methods and with creating or starting a new project or venture through:
- employing entrepreneurial discovery strategies to generate feasible ideas for business ventures
- developing concepts for new business venture to evaluate its success potential
- determining needed resources for a new business venture to contribute to its start-up viability
Entrepreneurship standards from the National Curriculum Standards for Business Administration, 2015.
Feel the energy when DECA members come together for energetic, educational general sessions filled with dazzling lights, upbeat music and a powerful message.
ADVISOR PROFESSIONAL LEARNING
The Professional Learning Series powered by DECA will engage educators in professional development focusing on curriculum and instructional content that support preparing students for college and careers and connects the conference content to the classroom. Topics for 2019 include:
- Using Project Management in the Classroom Using Integrated Marketing
- Campaign Events in the Classroom
- Rock the DECA Exam
- Get them to the Stage
- Using E-tools to Manager School-based Enterprise
Registration is a three step process:
1. DECA members must first be in our online membership system.
2. Once they have been submitted, you can register them for the conference through our online registration system by selecting “Conferences”.
3. After you’ve completed online registration, you can then make your housing reservations using the hotel’s DECA reservation website. If you will be booking more than 10 hotel rooms, please e-mail Claudia Velasco at firstname.lastname@example.org for special instructions.
For complete registration instructions, please refer to the conference registration guide.
GET TO WASHINGTON, D.C.
Monuments and memorials, eclectic neighborhoods, true local flavor – Washington, D.C. is a place unlike any other. It’s your home away from home with free museums and America’s front yard.