November 13-15, 2020
Get an introduction to the transformative power of entrepreneurship, the accessibility of startups, and lean startup principles.
Members will engage in a hands-on exercise focused on rapid prototyping, a core concept within lean methodology.
Ideation and Lean Canvas
Brainstorm early stage business concepts and investigate these ideas through the lean canvas.
Informed by the preceding Lean Canvas exercise, teams will develop their business concepts and build a brief pitch to be delivered within their cohorts.
This conference will reinforce entrepreneurial concepts taught in marketing and business classes. Participation in this conference will help students understand the concepts, processes and skills associated with identifying new ideas, opportunities, and methods and with creating or starting a new project or venture through:
- employing entrepreneurial discovery strategies to generate feasible ideas for business ventures
- developing concepts for new business venture to evaluate its success potential
- determining needed resources for a new business venture to contribute to its start-up viability
Entrepreneurship standards from the National Curriculum Standards for Business Administration, 2015.
ADVISOR PROFESSIONAL LEARNING
The Professional Learning Series powered by DECA will engage educators in professional development focusing on curriculum and instructional content that support preparing students for college and careers and connects the conference content to the classroom. Topics for 2019 included:
- Using Project Management in the Classroom
- Using Integrated Marketing Campaign Events in the Classroom
- Rock the DECA Exam
- Get them to the Stage
- Using E-tools to Manage School-based Enterprise