DECA, a non-profit educational organization headquartered in Reston, Virginia, that prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges across the globe, is seeking an Office Coordinator.
Reports To: Senior Executive Assistant
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Customer Service Background Preferred
About the opportunity:
The Office Coordinator is a key member of the DECA Inc. team and is often the first person meeting and speaking to guests. It is important that this person be professional and welcoming, while providing excellent customer service to members and advisors. In addition to providing office and customer service support, the office coordinator will also travel to conferences and provide support to members and advisors on-site.
- Greet and welcome guests to the office upon arrival
- Alert team members of guests and visitors as necessary
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls to the appropriate team members
- Learn and stay up-to-date on key information and commonly requested information
- Provide accurate information and customer service support in-person and via phone/email to DECA members, advisors and the public
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling building access via the front desk
- Monitor the key email accounts and reply to members questions and requests promptly
- Coordinate catering for team meetings and other events as necessary
- Order and stock supplies in kitchen and supply rooms
- Work with building maintenance team to resolve minor office building needs
- Manage organizational and building calendars and keep team up-to-date on important events in the office
- Enter invoices to accounts payable system
- Receive, sort and distribute mail and packages
- Provide historical building tours for guests interested in learning about the history of the DECA Inc. headquarters
- Assist departments with intermittent projects
- Perform other duties such as filing, data entry, photocopying, transcribing and faxing as needed
- Professional and positive attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Competency in Microsoft Office products
- Familiarity with Skype for Business preferred
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with minimal direct supervision.
- Effective customer service skills with the ability to interact with a diverse group of internal and external customers.
This position has no supervisory requirements.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Periodic travel to conferences and meetings may be required.
Nonexempt, eligible for overtime for time worked over 40 hours in a week.
DECA, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.