Volunteering with DECA allows you to make a firsthand difference in the preparation of emerging leaders and entrepreneurs. Whether it’s through judging competitive events and discovering the detail and depth DECA members put into their projects or sitting down with graduating members to answer their questions on college and careers in DECA’s Executive Mentor Program, you’ll begin to see how DECA members are ready to make an impact in our world.
SERVE AS A COMPETITIVE EVENTS JUDGE
Inspire emerging leaders and entrepreneurs.
As a competitive events judge, you’ll sit across the table from DECA members who have been preparing all year-long in classrooms to have their chance to shine in front of you.
- They’ll share promotional strategies for a case study they just received 10 minutes ago.
- They’ll passionately explain how they activated their entire community to get behind an important cause.
- They’ll unveil a comprehensive generational marketing strategy for a local business that developed through their classroom learning.
- They’ll tell you about their real business (yes, real) and their plans to grow it over the next three years.
- They’ll give you innovative ideas that you can use in your own company!
You’ll be so impressed you’ll forget they are just in high school or college.
Opportunities to Judge
April 21-22, 2017
Collegiate DECA International Career Development Conference
(250 volunteers needed)
April 28-29, 2017
DECA International Career Development Conference
Anaheim Convention Center
(1,000 volunteers needed)
DECA/Collegiate DECA Chartered Association Career Development Conferences
SERVE AS AN EXECUTIVE MENTOR
Share your business knowhow as a mentor.
Don’t you wish you had a mentor when you were in high school? Now’s your chance to share everything you learned and wished you would have known with some of the most savvy emerging leaders. You’ll be able to share college and career advice in an intimate round-table format.