Imagine a classroom full of motivated students who are engaged in learning and captivated by the relevant information you share with them. DECA, an organization that prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality and management, is your dream instructional tool.
For 5,000 teachers, DECA makes their teaching more fun and rewarding. It gives them the spirit to push their students to excel and the satisfaction of seeing them achieve success.
What's in it for the teacher?
Simply, DECA brings your classroom to life and gives you the tools to promote your program, enrich your classroom using instructional tools, extend learning beyond the classroom and enhance your teaching skills.
- DECA can help attract your ideal students.
- DECA brings visibility for your program.
- DECA connects you with a network of 5,000 teachers with similar interests and course assignments.
- DECA's business partners provide local, state and international assistance.
Learn how you can Bring Your Classroom To Life
What's in it for the students?
During the past 60 years, DECA has positively impacted countless students along the way of their educational process to make them college and career ready.
- DECA annually provides over $300,000 in scholarships and awards to DECA members.
- DECA's Competitive Events Program provides opportunities for achievement and recognition.
- DECA makes learning engaging and enjoyable because it brings learning to life.
View our promotional video
to see DECA members in action and hear from them how DECA changes lives and makes classroom learning so much more enjoyable.
What's in it for the school?
DECA strives to be on the cutting edge of educational reform by integrating innovative and current best practices into its Comprehensive Learning Program.
- DECA's Competitive Events Program is aligned with national curriculum standards in the career clusters of marketing, finance, hospitality and business management.
- DECA helps the school by helping its students focus on college and careers.
- DECA chapter activities, such as community service and competitive events, bring positive visibility to the school within the community.
View our college and career ready page
to see how DECA connects to your curriculum and supports academic achievement.
How do I bring DECA to my school?
Starting a DECA chapter at your school will be the best decision you've ever made. Here are a few notes to get you started.
- Each DECA chapter has a chapter advisor, who teaches courses in marketing, entrepreneurship, finance, hospitality or management.
- Chapters are organized into state or provincial associations providing additional extended learning opportunities. Each state/provincial association has a key leader to put you in contact with nearby DECA chapters and connect you to local and state/provincial activities.
- Members pay DECA Inc. dues of $8 and state/provincial dues which can be found here. It's a small investment for a life-changing, professional development experience.
View the steps to create a DECA chapter
and activate your chapter in three easy steps.
Who do I contact with more questions?
- Your state/provincial advisor is a great resource to help you start your chapter and connect you to local and state/provincial activities.
- Sandra Tucker at DECA works with new chapters and new advisors. E-mail her at Sandra_Tucker@deca.org or call her at (703) 860-5000.