November 21-23, 2014
Renaissance Downtown DC
Learning labs will focus on one powerful component each hour. From college to career to chapter to compete to connect, these learning labs will engage DECA members.
Be the ultimate competitor in a DECA role-play. Members must pre-register for this activity. Top performers will be recognized at Sunday’s closing session.
College + Career Exhibits
Searching for the perfect institution to start your post-secondary studies? Want to discuss career opportunities? Looking to expand the product line for your school-based enterprise?
No power trip would be complete without the opportunity to meet new people! Join us Saturday evening for a “DECA After Dark” event.
This conference will reinforce 21st Century Skills. Through participating in interactive sessions, DECA members will be able to:
- Make appropriate personal economic choices
- Understand the role of the economy in society
- Use entrepreneurial skills to enhance workplace productivity and career options
- Use a wide range of idea creation techniques
- Create new and worthwhile ideas
- Interpret information and draw conclusions based on the best analysis
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively and respectfully with diverse teams
- Use interpersonal and problem-solving skills to influence and guide others toward a goal
- Demonstrate integrity and ethical behavior in using influence and power
- Act responsibly with the interests of the larger community in mind
ADVISOR PROFESSIONAL LEARNING
The Professional Learning Series powered by DECA will engage educators in professional development focusing on curriculum and instructional content that support preparing students for college and careers and connects the conference content to the classroom. Topics Include:
- DECA’s Strategic Vision
- “I am DECA” Advocacy Tips
- DECA Is Your Best Friend
- Tech Tools for an Effective DECA Chapter
- Financial Literacy and DECA Make $ense
Registration is a three step process. DECA members must first be in our online membership system. Once they have been submitted, you can register them for the conference through our online registration system. After you’ve completed online registration, you can then make your housing reservations using the hotel’s DECA reservation website. For complete registration instructions, please refer to the conference registration packet.
DEADLINE: October 23, 2014
999 Ninth Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20001
GET TO WASHINGTON, D.C.
Just get here! This itinerary is full of powerful activities to help prepare for college and a career. Plus, Washington, D.C., is the ideal destination known for its hospitality, history and culture. Who says learning has to stop once the sessions are over?