November 20-22, 2015
JW Marriott Austin
Learning labs will focus on one powerful component each hour. From college to career to chapter to compete to connect, these learning labs will engage DECA members.
Be the ultimate competitor in a DECA role-play. Members must pre-register for this activity. Top performers will be recognized at Sunday’s closing session.
College + Career Exhibits
Searching for the perfect institution to start your post-secondary studies? Want to discuss career opportunities? Looking to expand the product line for your school-based enterprise?
No power trip would be complete without the opportunity to meet new people! Join us Saturday evening for a “DECA After Dark” event.
This conference will reinforce 21st Century Skills. Through participating in interactive sessions, DECA members will be able to:
- Make appropriate personal economic choices
- Understand the role of the economy in society
- Use entrepreneurial skills to enhance workplace productivity and career options
- Use a wide range of idea creation techniques
- Create new and worthwhile ideas
- Interpret information and draw conclusions based on the best analysis
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively and respectfully with diverse teams
- Use interpersonal and problem-solving skills to influence and guide others toward a goal
- Demonstrate integrity and ethical behavior in using influence and power
- Act responsibly with the interests of the larger community in mind
ADVISOR PROFESSIONAL LEARNING
The Professional Learning Series powered by DECA will engage educators in professional development focusing on curriculum and instructional content that support preparing students for college and careers and connects the conference content to the classroom. Topics Include:
- Let’s Talk About DECA
- Competitive Events Super Preparation System
- DECA Chapter Strategy
- DECA Goes Lean In Entrepreneurship
- Diamond Fundraising Model
- Tips and Tricks for Competitive Events Success
Registration is a three step process.
1. DECA members must first be in our online membership system.
2. Once they have been submitted, you can register them for the conference through our online registration system.
3. After you’ve completed online registration, you can then make your housing reservations using the hotel’s DECA reservation website. If you will be booking more than five hotel rooms, please e-mail Christopher Young for special instructions.
For complete registration instructions, please refer to the conference registration packet.
DEADLINE: October 20, 2015
JW Marriott Austin
110 E. Second Street
Austin, Texas 78701
GET TO AUSTIN
What you hear is true. With vibrant entertainment and culture, inspiring cuisine and stunning outdoor settings, Austin lets you create a soundtrack all your own. Austin is home to more than 250 music venues, South by Southwest festivals and Austin City Limits. So take a look around, and put Live Music Capital of the World® on your playlist. Who says learning has to stop once the sessions are over?