November 18-20, 2016
Renaissance DC Downtown
Learning labs will focus on one powerful component each hour. From college to career to chapter to compete to connect, these learning labs will engage DECA members.
Be the ultimate competitor in a DECA role-play. Members must pre-register for this activity. Top performers will be recognized at Sundayâ€™s closing session.
College + Career Exhibits
Searching for the perfect institution to start your post-secondary studies? Want to discuss career opportunities? Looking to expand the product line for your school-based enterprise?
No power trip would be complete without the opportunity to meet new people! Join us Saturday evening for a â€œDECA After Darkâ€ event.
This conference will reinforce 21st Century Skills. Through participating in interactive sessions, DECA members will be able to:
- Make appropriate personal economic choices
- Understand the role of the economy in society
- Use entrepreneurial skills to enhance workplace productivity and career options
- Use a wide range of idea creation techniques
- Create new and worthwhile ideas
- Interpret information and draw conclusions based on the best analysis
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively and respectfully with diverse teams
- Use interpersonal and problem-solving skills to influence and guide others toward a goal
- Demonstrate integrity and ethical behavior in using influence and power
- Act responsibly with the interests of the larger community in mind
Feel the energy when 1,500 DECA members come together for energetic, educational general sessions filled with dazzling lights, upbeat music and a powerful message.
ADVISOR PROFESSIONAL LEARNING
The Professional Learning Series powered by DECA will engage educators in professional development focusing on curriculum and instructional content that support preparing students for college and careers and connects the conference content to the classroom. Topics in 2015 included:
- Let’s Talk About DECA
- Competitive Events Super Preparation System
- DECA Chapter Strategy
- DECA Goes Lean In Entrepreneurship
- Diamond Fundraising Model
- Tips and Tricks for Competitive Events Success
Registration is a three step process.
1. DECA members must first be in our online membership system.
2. Once they have been submitted, you can register them for the conference throughÂ our online registration system.
3. After you’ve completed online registration, you can then make your housing reservations using the hotel’s DECA reservation website. If you will be booking more than five hotel rooms, please e-mail Christopher Young for special instructions.
For complete registration instructions, please refer to the conference registration packet.
DEADLINE: October 19, 2016
Renaissance DC Downtown Hotel
999 Ninth Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20001
GET TO DC
Washington, D.C., is home to some of the most influential leaders and powerful decision makers. After your conference activities, take a moment to embrace the historic significance of this yearâ€™s conference location. There are countless monuments, museums and memorials around the city that you can experience â€” some even for free! Truly embrace the #DECAPOWERTRIP experience and discover what this symbolic city has to offer.
FUTURE DATES OF THE ULTIMATE DECA POWER TRIP
- November 10-12, 2017 | Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
- November 16-18, 2018 | Baltimore Marriott Waterfront
- November 15-17, 2019 | Renaissance Downtown Washington, D.C.