July 12-14, 2015
Designed for upcoming chapter leaders — whether they are a chapter president, committee member, project manager or someone who just wants to go above-and-beyond.
Designed for association leaders, the Empower program will challenge association teams to work together in a facilitated classroom environment with team assignments, discussions and presentations.
Prepare for your role as a leader through activities that teach professionalism, public speaking, collaboration, etiquette and so much more!
Build your network for the upcoming year by connecting with members from all across DECA’s membership, including your Executive Officer Team.
This conference will reinforce 21st Century Skills. Through participating in interactive sessions, DECA members will be able to:
- Use a wide range of idea creation techniques
- Create new and worthwhile ideas
- Interpret information and draw conclusions based on the best analysis
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively and respectfully with diverse teams
- Use interpersonal and problem-solving skills to influence and guide others toward a goal
- Demonstrate integrity and ethical behavior in using influence and power
- Act responsibly with the interests of the larger community in mind
Registration is a two step process. You first register participants for the conference through our online registration system. After you’ve completed online registration, you can then make your housing reservations using the hotel’s DECA reservation website. For complete registration instructions, please refer to the conference registration packet.
DEADLINE: June 5, 2015
8661 Leesburg Pike
Tysons, VA 22182
GET TO WASHINGTON, D.C.
Just get here! Washington, D.C. is known for its historic brave leaders and is the fitting location for DECA to prepare its emerging leaders. Who says leadership has to stop once the sessions are over?VISIT WASHINGTON D.C.
Sponsored by the U.S. Army.