DECA’s New York Experience Conference gives high school DECA members a unique opportunity to learn about career fields that are vital to the most exciting city on Earth – New York.
There are two opportunities to attend the 2014 DECA New York Experience Conference:
- Week 1: December 3-7, 2014 - Registration Closed
- Week 2: December 10-14, 2014
This conference is only open to DECA high school members.
401 7th Ave, New York, NY 10001
This conference reinforces concepts taught in marketing, finance, hospitality and fashion merchandising classes.
- Describe the role of financial institutions
- Explain types of financial markets
- Discuss the impact of technology on the banking industry
- Explain career opportunities in merchandising
- Explain the relationship between customer service and distribution
- Explain current retail trends driven by global trade
- Explain career opportunities in hospitality
- Describe the role of sales and marketing in hospitality
- Explain the role of promotion as a marketing function
- Identify the impact of product life cycles on marketing decisions
Source: National Curriculum Standards for Business Administration